“So long as the heart is willing, it’s what you have that is acceptable, not what you don’t have.” - II Corinthians 8:12 (The Inclusive New Testament, publisher- Priests for Equality)
Here is our gift to you (from Agape' MCC):
EIGHT GIFTS THAT DON’T COST A CENT (Source Unknown)
- The Gift of Listening. But you must really listen. No interrupting, no planning your response. Just listening.
- The Gift of Affection. Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back, and handholding. Let these small actions demonstrate your love for family and friends.
- The Gift of Laughter. Clip cartoons. Share great articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, “I love to laugh with you.”
- The Gift of a Written Note. It can be a simple “I love you” or “Thanks for your help.” A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.
- The Gift of a Compliment. A simple and sincere, “You look great in red,” “You did a super job,” or “That was a wonderful meal” can make someone’s day.
- The Gift of a Favor. Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.
- The Gift of Solitude. There are times when we want only to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times, and give the gift of solitude to others.
- The Gift of Good Cheer. The easiest way to feel good is to make others feel good.